Yet another day late post!
Yesterday was the 150 sleep milestone until I fly to Vegas. Put in those terms, it doesn't seem very far away at all and I am still in resting knee mode, which still has another 10 days to go. Take out tapering period of a week to 10 days and I'm down to 130. Take out a rest day per week and that is now 110 days of training. Not a lot so best make them count.
In all honesty, I haven't totally rested my sore par, using the cross trainer for the odd km here and there and occasionally walking around the house wearing my weighted vest, which seems to be doing the trick. Low impact would appear to be a decent strategy so I've made a decision to up the game in this area tomorrow. Once I get back into the swing of things, I'm going to concentrate on long and slow with my pack for the most part. Any cardio will be on the cross trainer with the occasional swim thrown in. With bike rides to and from work as a wee cherry, I reckon that should put me in pretty good stead. I have a race pace in mind but since I've seen a few photos and haven't much of an idea yet how altitude will affect my performance, I'm not going to make any boasts though; I made that mistake before MdS and my strategy was destroyed half way through the first stage!
Please to have offered my week's menu to a couple of fellow competitors, which appears to have been warmly welcomed. They can have that as a freebie; any further requests need to be accompanied by a donation to my Just Giving page! Ta very much.
DAN'S JUST GIVING PAGE
Now back to the footy! Come on you Reds!
No comments:
Post a Comment